February 24, 2017
We are excited to announce a Field Service Technician position available within our organization for the Houston, Texas area. This position is responsible for the preventive maintenance and overall upkeep of combustion and vapor recovery equipment. The technician will be able to troubleshoot industrial/mechanical control issues, electrical and software-based occurrences and will maintain equipment through planned routine maintenance.
Essential Activities (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Provides service and support for the repair and maintenance of new and existing equipment, including start-up and commissioning.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment on-site.
- Provide phone and on-line technical support for customer inquiries.
- Generate/modify technical documents (as-built's) to represent any retrofitting or changes in existing equipment design and operation.
- Provide end-user training and participates in cross-training within the service department.
- Perform/record preventative maintenance procedures and routine service as needed. Provides recommendations for retrofit/modifications to existing equipment.
- Completes all required service ticket information and acquires customer signature for acceptance of services provided.
- Travel (up to 75%) to site locations to install, commission and test equipment.
- Maintain service vehicle inventory and is responsible for overall vehicle maintenance/organization.
- Carries company-provided cell phone and is on-call for customer emergency service.
- Minimum 2 years Field Service experience.
- MUST have industrial/electrical controls experience with proven mechanical aptitude.
- Prior troubleshooting experience with both high and low voltage.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID's, fabrication drawings and electrical schematics.
- General understanding of computer networking applications and ability to perform basic troubleshooting for PLC programs/software.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages including per diem and 401k match!