September 7, 2017
Due to growth, we have an opportunity for a Manager of Applications-Flare Systems to join the Aereon team in Austin, TX.
What you get to do:
- Drive due diligence process, including cost review meetings, specification review, and coordination with Supply Chain to achieve accurate estimates.
- Review and verify the technical specifications of completed proposals, including (by example and not exclusion) process engineering, mechanical calculations, equipment selection, material selection and instrumentation requirements.
- Review proposals to verify equipment design (ensure that preliminary equipment design will meet customer requirements).
- Chair bid review meetings.
- Review overall proposal accuracy to include pricing, technology, and scope of supply.
- Communicate with clients to clarify their technical requirements and scope of supply.
- Research and recommend research and development initiatives.
- Work with Sales, Supply Chain, and Project Engineer team to determine the proper bid/execution strategy. Create and/or update/maintain technical library of client specifications and Aereon’s standard exceptions/clarifications to those specifications.
- Supervise staff and establish and execute an on-going technical training program to assure that Applications Engineers are fully knowledgeable and current in their understanding of process engineering and evolving customers’ requirements.
- Attend technical meetings and trade shows as required.
- Develop and execute policies and procedures necessary to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department.
- Chair initial P& ID and PFD development process and ensure that it is in line with proposal and customer requirements.
- Participate the design and drawing review process and document any changes or errors resulting from Bid phase.
- Provide technical assistance to the clients and internal service organization as required to work with concerned departments and ensure technical assistance is provided.
- Participate in lessons learned after project execution and ensure that lessons learned are being implemented and documented for future bids.
- Work with internal departments to develop and maintain standard equipment design procedures and guidelines.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 7+ years of experience with FLARE SYSTEMS AND/OR COMBUSTION APPLICATIONS.
- Experience in a management/leadership role.
- Advanced Excel skills (macros, database searches and subroutines).
- Experience working with sales teams, clients and estimators.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
What’s in it for YOU:
Generous PTO plan, competitive employer sharing cost for medical, dental, 401(K) match, company-paid life insurance, short/long-term disability and more!