January 26, 2017
We are excited to announce a mechanical designer position available within our organization in the Austin, TX Headquarters office. A summary of the position includes developing layouts for mechanical systems to be fabricated into customer orders. To prepare design projects, drawing and documentation.
Essential Activities (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Receive technical drawings, blueprints, customer specifications, and schematics. Create approval drawings for customer review and approval.
- Create fabrication drawings. Fabrication drawings (in either 2D or 3D) include drawings for individual parts/items, sub-assemblies and complete product drawings, if appropriate.
- Once fabrication is complete, receive fabrication drawings. Create final as-built drawings in accordance with customer requirements. Incorporate red-line changes into the "as-builts", if any.
- Participate as an active member of a project team. Confer with Engineering, Project Management, Sales and Operations to assure clear understanding of customer requirements and capabilities.
- Create drawings (approval drawings, fabrication drawings, and as-built drawings) in accordance with drafting and design standards.