June 10, 2017
What you get to do:
- Using the project schedule, document and track all milestone dates and deliverables related to projects.
- Communicate directly with customers and respond to their requests.
- Compile documentation required in support of a project and required by the customer. Documents may include document registers, tables/checklists, packing lists, and BOMs.
- Coordinate with Purchasing to assure that necessary materials for each project are on track for on-time delivery. Compare BOMs with Purchase Orders; notify Project Manager(s) regarding lead times, track materials received, and maintain the Materials Status Report.
- Update the document registers. Track the status and location of drawings and other deliverables.
- Create and maintain records to track project cost as compared to quote.
- Perform and document final shipping inspections.
What you need to succeed:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of work and education.
- Strong customer service skills both in writing and over the phone.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
What’s in it for You:
Generous PTO plan, competitive employer sharing cost for medical and dental, 401(k) match, company paid-paid life insurance, short/long-term disability and more!