July 24, 2017
What you get to do:
- Work independently to rig equipment and work pieces with straps/chains to jib/overhead crane. Operate jib/overhead crane.
- Move material and assemblies to/from work stations utilizing forklift, cranes, pallet jack, and hand carry.
- Inspect joints prior to welding for proper fit, angle and gap.
- Utilize a torch to pre-heat workpiece prior to welding.
- Plan the welding process including type of weld, filler material/size, weld process, welding machine settings and consumables based on weld symbols on fabrication drawings, welding procedures, and proper welding methodologies and techniques.
- Weld components in flat and vertical positions.
- Inspect each completed weld pass for defects and proper size. May utilize grinder, backwashing, or torch to perform necessary repairs and cleaning.
- Perform tack welding and torch/plasma cutting to support a Fitter.
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years of related welding/fitting experience.
- Ability to read fabrication/assembly drawings and interpret weld symbols.
- Ability to become forklift certified.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds (100 pounds with assistance).
What’s in it for YOU:
Generous PTO plan, competitive employer sharing cost for medical and dental, 401(k) match, company paid-paid life insurance, short/long-term disability and more!