Pit Flares are generally selected and designed in order to combust a mixture of vapor and liquid from a single source. While most often designed to operate non-smokelessly, through use of AEREON's Flare Industries various Pit Flare technologies, smokeless operation can often be achieved.
The flare pit (or “Burn Pit”) is usually constructed of an excavation, lined with a non-combustible lining of rock or refractory material. Often coupled with a pit liner, pit flares can be a cost effective combustion option for an environmentally conscious user.
- Process Flow Data
- Spacing Allowances
- Radiation Limits
- Plume Rise and Allowable Temperatures
- Sufficient Spacing
- May Require Wind Fencing, Noise Mitigation, or Site Access Prevention (Sterile Area)
- Chimera Liquid Burner (smokeless)
- Horizontal Air-Assist Flare (smokeless)
- Multi-point Ground Flare (smokeless)
- Horizontal Utility Flare
- Noise Mitigation and Wind Fencing